Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Trip to the ER & Some More Progress

I did not write about this last time because it was still pretty fresh. March 12th, Aaron called me to say that his heart was beating really fast and that if it did not stop he was going to go to the ER that is across from his office. I started to get the kids ready so that we could meet him there. He called back saying that he was going and that he would let me know if it stopped on his way. I was trying to stay calm but I was a little freaked out. Aaron does not like to go to the doctor so I knew he had to be concerned for him to willing go to not just a doctor but to the ER. Once he is there he finds out that he is having an SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). His heart rate was 230! While the doctor was listening to his heart and his breathing he converted on his own and his heart rate went down to 90. By the time I got there the doctors had drawn blood and we had to wait on the results. Thankfully the ER let me back for a few minutes but I could not stay with him because the kids were with me. Aaron's dad got there and was able to go back and then keep me company and take the kids if Aaron had to stay overnight. Thankfully he got to come home that afternoon. While in the ER he was advised to cut out caffeine and adjust his diet. He followed up with the cardiologist the next day and has been doing well. 

We have both now cut out sodas and have been soda/caffeine free since Friday March 13th. I have also been working hard to not have sweets. I have a major sweet tooth but I have not really felt the cravings. Even at the store I have not been tempted by the candy at the check out line. I bought some sugar free popsicles and I have only had two. Normally if it is in the house I will eat some everyday until it is gone. God is giving me great strength to do this and stick with it this time! We are also eating out less because it just doesn't satisfy us like food from home does and this also helps our budget!

We finally got the elliptical in the house on Sunday! I'm excited to have it in our room and I'm trying to figure out when I want to work out. Aaron has been going in to work early so I have been getting up early so I can get a shower before the kids get up. I will likely work out while the kids are in school or in the afternoons once I pick them up since Molly doesn't go everyday. I have not lost that much weight but I have noticed my clothes fitting differently. I'm hoping to get some of the weight off and then start training for a half marathon. I have been wanting to do one and I think once I get some of the weight off I will feel that it is a goal I can obtain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment