Monday, April 13, 2015

Updates galore!

Well I have several updates and all are good! 

I'll start with sodas. We both went 3 weeks without soda when we decided to have one when we went out to eat. We both agreed that it didn't taste that great and that we both felt yucky after our early dinner. We ate at Chuy's and probably ate more than we should have, but we have done that since we had stopped sodas but we felt worse this time. The following day was Easter and we all went to my awesome sister-in-law's house. Aaron decided to have a bottled Diet Coke with breakfast and I had a bottle Dr Pepper after lunch. Again we both agreed that it just didn't taste a good as it did before. This was really encouraging to me because I no longer have the cravings that I would have here and there and I think those cravings went down because the drink just didn't taste that great. We have both had one here and there but it still doesn't taste that great. We have really only had one if we end up getting fast food and it comes with a drink. I'm drinking 99% water and I think Aaron is pretty much doing the same. 

Now for an update on Aaron's follow up doctor appointment. His blood work came back fine so that is really good. His echocardiogram showed something (he wrote it down but I don't have the name with me) that can be bad but thankfully it doesn't look as bad for Aaron. It is something that has about a 50% chance of being passed to the kids though so his doctor suggested that our kids have an echo. The doctor also asked if Aaron's parents have had echos and if he could get copies of the results. Now for the part that Aaron doesn't like - he is having to wear a monitor for 30 days. I feel bad but I'm thankful that the doctor is doing what he can to figure out what caused the previous episode. He told Aaron that he thinks he can fix the problem if he can figure out what caused it to happen. He goes back May 8th and I know he is probably counting down the days! 

I'm nearly done with my 30 days on Shakeology and while I don't have anything amazing to report, I don't have anything bad to report. I can't decide if it has really helped to increase my energy or reduce my cravings. Maybe I'm just so overweight, tired and depressed that it is hard for me to notice. I guess if I notice a difference when I am off of it for several days then I'll know! I do not like using my blender everyday (it does taste better with ice and some peanut butter - for the chocolate) but now I'm just using my blender bottle. It doesn't taste as good but it is faster and clean up is less! 

My exercise has not been going well but that is about to change! I have been looking at the 21 day fix and got a surprise that it is on the way to me! I'm hoping for several things with the program but my biggest are:
-loose weight and inches, I have a lot to go so I know it will take several rounds
-feel comfortable in my skin - this hasn't happened in a long time
-be able to wear my wedding rings and my Aggie ring again
-be able to shop at the stores I like and feel comfortable in shorts and tank tops. 

More than anything I want to feel comfortable with how I look. Growing up I always had issues with my legs and of course I would give anything to have those legs back! I think the only times I have been 100% comfortable with how I look was when I was pregnant. I was amazed both times with what my body was doing and what it was about to do. I hated being sick for over half of each of my pregnancies but I really did love being pregnant. I haven't felt comfortable in shorts since my first year of college when I was 17-18 and I have been wearing capri pants ever since. I would LOVE to feel comfortable in shorts. Texas gets HOT and our area gets HUMID! I also really really want to be able to wear my wedding rings and my Aggie ring again. I miss them both very much! I worked hard for my Aggie ring and I miss people being able to know that I'm also an Aggie. Sounds silly but I want people to know that I'm an Aggie and not just an Aggie fan because my husband is an Aggie. We bleed maroon in this house. Aaron has said that if he was being mugged that he would hand over his wedding band before his Aggie ring! I haven't been able to wear it since I was pregnant with Alex and I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings together since about the same time. I wore just my band for a while but it has been a little over a year since I have been able to wear it :(

My last update is that I registered our son for kindergarten!! How is this possible?!? It seems like just yesterday he was born but he will be 5 in August. Time just goes so fast. 

So those are my updates for now. Our 9th wedding anniversary is Wednesday so I may have a post about that and the last 9 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment