Wednesday, April 22, 2015

21 Day Fix!

We have started the 21 Day Fix and I am loving it so far! I'm SORE but I love it and I have actually been looking forward to working out. I'm really hoping this feeling sticks around. 

Aaron and I made a deal that I have to be 100% committed to the program and he will do his best to be 100% as well. I am pretty much in charge of food, if I make it and pack it for him then he will eat it! It hasn't been that hard to adjust so far but it does take some planning and thinking. When I'm deciding what I will have for lunch or a snack, I'm thinking about what I'm planning for dinner. Today is day 3 but I feel great about being able to follow the program and not stopping.

Monday and Tuesday we did our workouts when Aaron got home from work. I had everything ready to go so that when he walked in the door he just had to go changes clothes and we could start. Wednesday our son has soccer practice, so we had to get up early to get the workout done for the day. 12 hours after starting our last workout, we were starting another! I like mornings because the day can't get in the way but I like evening ones to for the stress release from the day. This week is busy so we will be finishing out the week with morning exercises. Aaron has a couple of weekends coming up that he will be away so I will have to do those workouts on my own. While I am committed to doing this regardless, I will miss having him to workout with those weekends. It really does help to have him doing this with me. 

One thing I really like about the workouts is that there is a person dedicated to doing modified moves. You are encouraged to do a modified move if you are having a hard time which is nice. She just wants you to keep moving and to strive to get better. This is something I find comforting and I will admit that I have been doing some of the modified moves! I am really sore so I know even the modified moves are working! I'm excited to see where I end up at the end of the 21 days. 

As I have said in previous posts, I have a lot of weight to loose so I know I will be doing multiple rounds of the 21 day fix. My hope is that after I get some or most of the weight off that I can go back and try p90x3 again. No matter, what I see this program as one that I will use to help me maintain once the weight is gone. I'm looking forward to the next update and I hope that I still have the positive view that I do now! I fully expect that I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment